The guitar is an old and ancient musical instrument dating back to over 4000 years. The modern guitar styling is based on its Spanish origins whereas the first ever guitar is based on its ancient Arabic origin roots. The most modern guitar to resemble similarity to the root is the Baroque from the Middle French period.
Listed below is the entire list of all the guitars starting with the oldest at the top.
- Oud | Origin: Ancient Arabic. From Uruk, the oldest city in ancient Mesopotamia (Babylonia) in Northern Iraq. Uruk is south of Baghdad. | Developed: 4500 years ago.
- Baroque | Origin: add | Developed: 16th Century.
- Modern Guitar | Origin: American. From Les Paul Gibson, guitar manufacturer.
- Guitarrón Mexicano
- Ukulele | Origin: Hawai'i. From Hawai'i, based on its Spanish root of the Guitarano.
- Tambouras/Saz/Tanbur | Origin: Ancient Greek. Greece. | Developed: Late 10th Century.
- Bouzouki | Origin: Greek. From Originally brought to Greece from Turkey by Greek immigrants. | Developed: 1900's.