We all love looking up amazing memes and GIFs online and I bet you was wondering how to create your own for free? Well, apart from taking a video and turning it into a GIF using GIPHY, Google Photos can take a video or up to a max of 50 images and create a GIF image from inside the app and website. Here’s how to do it.
- First off, go to https://photos.google.com/ or open the app using your mobile phone (iPhone, iPad, Android).
- In Google Photos, click the Assistant button in the sidebar.
- Under the Create New heading, click the Animation button.
- On the Create Animation screen that pops up, choose between 2 to 50 images or 1 video you want to turn into a GIF image.
- Once your photos are selected, click the Create button in the upper-right corner.
- Your animation will now be created. If you search “animated” in the search bar in the app, you’ll find your recent GIF image. Go into your GIF image and select the More Options button that has three dots and select Download or long-press on the screen to bring up the option to save the GIF image to your camera roll.