About The Game
Los Santos: A sprawling metropolis full of self-help gurus, starlets and fading celebrities struggling to stay afloat in an era of economic uncertainty and cheap cable TV.
Amidst the turmoil, three very different criminals risk everything in a series of daring and dangerous heists that could set them up for life.
The U.S. Dollar Bill marked by the symbol as $, is the currency considered to be legal tender in the game but while on GTA Online, the currency to be considered as legal tender is GTA$, which is Virtual Currency.
If you need quick cash in the game, rob a local shop, do heists, do taxi missions, do tow truck jobs or manipulate the stocks to your favour.
The game introduces several new features which are:
- Character Switching: In this guide, it's also referred to as Quick Switch, Switch or Character Switch. You can switch between the 3 protagonists during gameplay who are Michael De Santa, Trevor Philips and Franklin Clinton, your 4th character slot is your GTA Online character.
- Player Stats: Michael, Franklin and Trevor all have different back stories and unique skills that determine their base skills at the start of the game. Each of the stats can be improved. For example, if Michael spends time flying a helicopter, his Flying Stat will increase. Player Stats are unique to each character - spending time behind the wheel as Franklin will increase Franklin's Driving Stat but won't have any effect on Michael and Trevor's Driving Stats.
The following stats are:
- Special: Using a character's Special Ability will gradually improve their Special Stat.
- Stamina: Extra Stamina will allow the character to sprint, swim and cycle for longer without becoming tired. The Stamina Stat will increase as the player performs each of those activities.
- Shooting: A higher Shooting Stat will make the character more accurate by reducing recoil while Shooting any gun. You will also be able to reload your gun faster, reducing of recoil in guns and carry more ammunition. The more targets you hit, especially with headshots, will increase your Shooting Stat. Spend time at a Shooting Range or by completing Shooting Challenges to increase this Stat quickly.
- Strength: Additional Strength will inflict heavier damage during hand-to-hand combat, increase speed at climbing ladders, decrease the amount of damage taken from falls, car crashes, explosions, fire and improve the character's Tennis and Golf by allowing him to hit the ball harder. Engaging in unarmed combat, taking part in sports like Tennis, Golf and Yoga will raise the character's Strength.