- This was France's infamous fortress prison which held royal, political and important figures during the 13th Century to the 17th Century.
- This is where the battle "Storming Of The Bastille" took place.
- An outline of the original prison can be seen as a bricked path on the walkways around Place De La Bastille in Paris, France.
- The prison was in operation from 1388 CE to 1788 CE.
- This prison was the first building to be destroyed and looted during The French Revolution.
- Bastille means Keep in French.
- The full name of the infamous prison is Prise De La Bastille Saint-Antoine which translates as Prison Of The Keep Saint-Antoine.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.