Date Published: 20th October 2018
Published By: Warren Woodhouse
What ingredients you’ll need.
- 200g Minced Beef
- 1x Medium OR Large Onion
- 1x 1/2 Chopped Tinned Tomatoes
- 1x-2x Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Tinned Mixed Beans
- 1x Pinch of Black Pepper
- 1x 1/2 Carrot
- 1x 1/3-1/4 Tomato Purée (Thickens the sauce, adds more flavour)
- 1x of any Vegetable Peppers (Green, Yellow OR Red)
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes OR 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1x 1/2-1 tsp Paprika
- 100g Plain-White Rice
- 1x Bottle Of Vegetable Oil
Words that are included in this recipe that you might not understand.
- g: Grams. It’s a type of weight used to measure ingredients. 1g is equal to 1000kg.
- kg: Kilograms. It’s a type of weight used to measure ingredients. 1000kg is equal to 1g.
- tsp: Teaspoon. Used to measure ingredients and used for cooking.
- tbsp: Tablespoon. Used to measure ingredients and used for cooking.
- 1/2: Half
- 1/3: Third
- 1/4: Quarter
- x: Multiple, Times, More Of. More of something.
- Pinch: Unknown weight measurement. Pick and hold your thumb and index fingers while holding a tiny bit of black pepper and drop the bit of black pepper into the saucepan.
- Pour: remove contents or water. Another word for this is Draining.
- Draining: See “Pour”.
- Simmer: Cook on low heat such as Gas Mark 2/Electric Mark 2.
- Crush: Squash something such as Garlic Cloves into little pieces.
- Dilute: Add water.
What you’ll need.
- Chopping Board (Red for meat, Green for vegetables, White for dairy)
- Wooden Spoon
- Chopping Knife
- Tin Opener
- Garlic Crusher
- Shive (Used for draining stuff such as Chopped Tinned Tomatoes)
Step by step Direction of recipe.
- Put the Mince Beef and Vegetable Oil into the Saucepan.
- Heat up Saucepan on the cooker on Gas Mark 4/Electric Mark 4.
- Dice the Onion and add to the Saucepan.
- Dice the Carrots and the Vegetable Peppers then add them to the Saucepan.
- Finely Crush the Garlic Cloves, then add the Garlic Cloves and Spices (Optional) to the Saucepan.
- Open the tins of Chopped Tinned Tomatoes and Tinned Mixed Beans. Use a Shive to take out the excess water from the tins into a drainer or sink. Pour the contents of the Chopped Tinned Tomatoes and Tinned Mixed Beans into the Saucepan.
- Simmer the Saucepan for 25-30 minutes on a low heat of Gas Mark 2/Electric Mark 2.
- Add a Jug of Water to the Saucepan if the contents are too much and the contents need to be diluted down.
- Taste your recipe. Add Tomato Purée.
- Boil the Plain White Rice in a separate Saucepan. Note: You can boil rice in a microwave using a small bowl. 100g of Plain White Rice needs 100g of Water to boil with in a Saucepan. This will take 10 minutes. Rice must not be crunchy.
- Bon Appetit (Translation: Good Appetite. Literally ready to eat.)